Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Monday Morning Cornerback: Week 2




Yo what up! It's call full circle. Pop Warner, High School, College, and Professional football is under way. Shout out to the UFL starting up in October, but for now, my life is complete. This is the 2nd week of the Monday Morning Cornerback where we get you covered on all angles. Let's go in.

Best Games


Michigan defeats # 18 Notre Dame

Thank God. This is how a Michigan vs. Notre Dame game is supposed to look. Michigan won the game on the heels and poise of their Frosh QB, Tate Forcier, who played phenomenal. Jimmy Clausen of the Golden Domers played great as well. He is finally living up to his potential. They lost the game not because of their play but their defense started to wear down and get tired.

The main reason they wore down was Charlie Weiss' need to throw the football. I have no clue why, but Armando Allen, Jr. was totting the rock for the Irish very well all game long. The Irish's second to last offensive series, Weiss threw the ball way too much. Allen started the drive off with 13 yards for a 1st down, but turned an ankle. Nevertheless, Weiss bailed on his running game, and ran two straight pass plays which fell incomplete and took no time off the clock. The rest is history. Michigan marched down the field and won the game.

Bills vs. Patriots


The start of the game was very slow and sloppy. You expected that sort of thing from the Bills but not the Pats. Brady was off target most of the game and there were several times he was gun shy about throwing the ball to Randy Moss in tight spots. Instead he chose to toss the pill to Ben Watson, twice in the final minutes of the game for two touchdowns.

The Bills simply self-destructed. The played great defense all night long. They scored points. They also have several bullet wounds in their own feet. Trent Edwards looks like young Jedi Knight that has no control over his own brilliance. The second to last series he looks like a Pro Bowl QB and the last series he takes two sacks when his team only has one timeout. Now that I think about it, he looked like an Pro Bowl QB, because Bills were gashing them with great interior runs and Edwards used and abused the play action. I don't know T.O., I wouldn't stand for this sloppy QB play if I were you.

The 6Magazine brass was expecting a great wr duel between Randy and T.O. but we got nothing. Thanks Tom and Trent!

Biggest Surprise


Did Colorado get beat 38 - 54 by Toledo? Let's be honest Coach Hawkins, you can't recruit a better QB than your own son? I know Colorado isn't what it once was, but you have tons of talent in Cali, Texas and Colorado to pull from. This isn't intramural brother, it's D-1 football, get a real QB!

Eh, nothing really jumped out at me NFL wise to be honest.

Quick Cuts and Jukes

- Matt Barklely looked good. Terrelle Pryor looked....ugh. I love TP though and I'm pulling for him.

- The Georgia Tech offense is bringing sexy back, aka, the Option. Expect the Nebraska Cornhuskers of old to be back in two years.

- Greg Paulus is good and I don't care what anyone else says.

- Forget what you heard, the Heisman is Jahvid Best's to lose.

- I am Sooner born and Sooner bred, which means I don't care when OSU loses, I wish people would stop associating the OSU Cowboys with the entire state of Oklahoma's football.

- The 'Ol Ball Coach is an old ball coach.

- Did you say something Lane Kiffin, I couldn't hear you.

- Thank God for Onterrio McCalebb, because after Andre Debose went out, I didn't know which Freshman stud I'd develop my man crush for.

- The Eagles look really good, and Mike Vick didn't even play.

- Google Adrian Peterson + Eric Wright, as soon as possible.

- Why the hell didn't I take Drew Brees as my QB in my fantasy league.

- Mark Sanchez '09 = Matt Ryan '08?

- Damn...not B. Lach...not this soon! Why?

- No T.O., the offensive explosion of Tony Romo and late season meltdowns must go on!

Yo...that's all I got,


Ricky Writer



No comments: